Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Passing the Time

I just realized it has been over 1 week since I have made an entry into my blog. I have been keeping busy arranging appointments for my DS to get evaluated for a possible speech delay. I am working with a state agency that does the evaluations for free and well...you know how the government is....tons of paperwork and meetings. I need more meetings like a hole in the head. I will need time off for IVF and now I need some time off for this. It makes me wonder if the timing for this IVF is right.

Juggling the appointments for my DS has been tough, but I got through it. I have 2 more appointments - 1 for the actual evaluation and 1 for the final meeting to go over the results of the evaluation. If my DS qualifies, then we get to spend $200 per month on therapy. I can't even think where we are going to come up with another $200 month. We will find a way...it is our DS.

On top of that, my co-worker gave her notice last week. Her last day is this Friday. Great. Noone else knows how to do my job and I will need time off at our busy quarter close for my ER and ET next month. Another added stress I don't need. I am glad I spoke with my boss about it. At least I gave him plenty of warning and quite frankly, I don't think we can turn back now. I am on my way....

Which brings me to the last meeting of the week. My wonderful husband and I met with a counselor last Friday night to sign the consent forms for IVF and talk about our infertility issues. The meeting was more of a formality, but I could see where it can help couples and women get through this process. The one thing that struck me was when the counselor said infertility is not having the family you want. That hit home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home