1 year ago
It was just about 1 year ago I sought out "help" to get pg. I was scheduled for an HSG in early February and February was my "testing cycle" to see what, if anything, was wrong with me or my wonderful DH.
My DH is a trooper. He never once complained about having to masterbate and ejaculate into a cup in a Dr's office. We joke around about it so as to try to make the whole situation less uncomfortable. I say was your emission accomplished? Stupid, but cute in a most ackward and embarassing situation.
I will never forget my DH calling me and we talked about his "appointment". My RE's office has a bathroom just for men and for this purpose. The thought could really gross you out when you think how many men are doing exactly what my DH has to do. Anyway...the RE's office keeps magazine's in the bathroom for those men who like and need some assistance in the form of Playboy magazines (I am told this by my DH). My DH never uses what the RE has, but brings his own stash. Another "game" we have. Each month, he would go get a new magazine. It was the least I could do for him, right?
One day, my DH tells me the magazines are gone. I said it didn't matter since he brings his own anyway. My DH said something to the effect that how desperate someone must be to steal the mags from the RE's office. I laughed it off and thought nothing of it.
Well, a few months later, as I got closer to the office staff at the RE's office, I asked about it. Elaine, the office manager, told me they were still there....UNDER the sink!!! I told her the story of what my DH said and we had a good laugh about it.
I have no idea where I am going with this other than to say I have many of these stories after working with the same RE for over 1 year. On the one hand, I don't miss being a lab rat, but on the other, I miss the RE's office and staff that knows me so well.
2 days until my consult. Another consult. I am scared and anxious. My RE hasn't given up on me yet. I keep telling that to myself. I shouldn't give up either.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home