Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, February 06, 2006

Jaded is an understatement

The dictionary gives these definitions of the word, jaded.

Worn out; wearied: “My father's words had left me jaded and depressed” (William Styron).
Dulled by surfeit; sated: “the sickeningly sweet life of the amoral, jaded, bored upper classes” (John Simon).
Cynically or pretentiously callous.

The dictionary gives these definitions of the word, surfeit.
Overindulgence in food or drink.
The result of such overindulgence; satiety or disgust.
An excessive amount.

The dictionary gives these definitions of the word, callous.
Having calluses; toughened: callous skin on the elbow.
Emotionally hardened; unfeeling: a callous indifference to the suffering of others.

I am a moderator of a message board. I have mentioned this before. This board is a lifeline for so many ladies. We talk about everything from our children, our losses, our sex life, and things that have nothing to do with anything. It really is a great place and a secret to most of my IRL (in real life) friends. Recently, someone posted asking if TTC has made us jaded. I never did respond to the post. I am afraid if I did, I would say something that a moderator shouldn't be saying. I also needed to give this question so much thought before I could properly put together a response. My mind still spins at everything I could say on the subject.

I have been thinking about this question all weekend. Am I jaded when it comes to TTC? The answer is simply, yes. And then I must pose another question....is a simple yes enough to really answer this question?

I hope that noone ever feels jaded about TTC. It is not a fun feeling to have. It is not something I would wish on anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home