Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, March 20, 2006

It's been a while

I guess we all need a break from time to time. I think I have officially gotten out of my funk and have tried my best to look on the bright side of things.

I managed to make it through my mom's birthday on March 12. My in-laws did spend the day with me and it turned out to be better than I had expected. My mother-in-law helped me go through some of my mom's things. We did the easy stuff and somehow managed to fill up 2 huge garbage bags of "stuff". Those bags were donated to the Veteran's group . It is only a small dent, but now I feel I can get through all of my mom's stuff little by little.

My DS came down with a case of strep throat and scarlet fever on March 13. My DH and I took him to the Pediatrician in the evening. I stayed home with him the next day and he was already on his way to feeling better. Staying home with my DS was wonderful! I wish I could do it everyday!

I spoke with my IVF coordinator and was told I would have to stay on BCPs for an extra month. The embryologist is going on vacation at the beginning of May and my RE's office won't have you start a cycle if it falls during that vacation time. I was really upset since I wasn't told of this and could have not gone on BCP this past month. Ah well....part of the IVF roller coaster.

My IVF meds should arrive tomorrow. My insurance is paying for a lot of it. All in all, I will be getting almost $5,000 of meds for about $370. It makes me feel like the process IS moving along even if I do have to be on hold for another 2 months.

With that, AF arrived today. Month 1 of BCP down and 2 to go. I should start cycling in mid-May. Coincidentally, I got pg with my DS in late May. If this IVF cycle works, I could be due around the same time I had my DS. Not the way I wanted it, but don't really care at this point.

I am 32 pounds lighter since Jan. 2. I hope to lose at least 13 more before I start cycling. It is making me feel better since my clothes are much looser on me. My wedding and engagement rings are even big!

I am doing ok. Work is keeping me very busy and this tax season seems so much busier this year. I guess that is good. It makes the days go by faster.

My DH, DS, and I are getting away this weekend. We are visiting friends in St. Louis. It should be fun. I am looking forward to going, but will be scrambling next week to get caught up on laundry, grocery shopping, and general household stuff.

I know...a pretty boring post. It seems like I post a lot when I am down and out. I need to change that.

1 Comments:

Blogger JPAKAJR said...

Finally a updated blog from Nina. I am sorry you have to wait another month for everything. (((((HUGS)))) I am so proud of you for all your wieght loss. Keep up the good work Mom! May will be here before you know it!

Monday, March 20, 2006 1:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home