Life Doesn't Stop
I did get through yesterday. It was hard, but I did it. My next hurdle is Sunday - mom's birthday. She would have been 64. It is also the day we had her funeral last year. I will get through it.
As inward as I have been these past few days several things remind me that life doesn't stop. We have to go on. It's not like I didn't know this, but 3 things have come up in the past 2 days to remind me.
Wednesday Evening - I go to pick up my DS from school (aka daycare). When I arrive, Geri, the office manager asks to speak with me. The first thought that runs through my head is what did my DS do, what did I do, is my DS ok? I was told that there was an "incident" in his classroom today. JT and one of his friends were playing in a tube - this tube looks like a worm and is made of tent material. Geri told me the assistant teacher in the class touched my DS inappropriately and not up to the daycare's standards. HUH? He was not touched in a sexual way. My understanding from this vague description is that the assistant teacher needed to get my DS and his friend out of the tube. I was told neither my DS nor his friend were doing anything wrong. They were both having fun. I was also reassured my DS is fine.
The assistant teacher grabbed my DS to pull him out of the tube. Maybe she was too angry when she did it? Maybe she grabbed him in a wrong spot? I have no idea. The manager won't tell me anything more. His lead teacher won't tell me anything more. The assistant teacher was let go on the spot and no longer works for the daycare center. I applaud the center for acting quickly, but have to wonder what really happened? My DS didn't appear hurt at all. Sure, he had a few scratches on his upper arm which could have been from the wires in the tube to help keep its shape or it could have been from the assistant teacher. He does have a very small bruise on his right shoulder blade and another one on his upper right arm towards the back of the arm. None of these "marks" are overly concerning. I just wish I knew the details.
Upon calling Tom once I got out of daycare Wednesday, Tom told me he had just gotten a speeding ticket. 60 in a 45. $75. UG!
Thursday Morning - The IVF coordinator leaves a message on my cell phone telling me the RE has decided on an official protocol!
This will be IVF #3. I am hoping and praying just to make it to ER this time! Begin BCP. Get AF (around 3/21). Go in for CD3 bloods. Go back on BCP. Begin 5 units Lupron on CD14. Get AF (around 4/19). Start stims. Stims will be 300iu Follistim in AM. In PM, do 300iu Follistim plus 150iu Menopur. Drop Lupron down to 2.5 units once stims start!
Of course, I am happy to get a protocol.....but now absolutely scared sh!tless!
This morning - I call back the IVF coordinator so she can order my meds. The IVF coordinator mentions 150iu Follistim in the AM, 150iu Follistim in the PM with Menopur. I don't question it. It is still too far away to worry about the exact doses. I am also told the embryologist is going on vacation or to a conference at the beginning of May so I have to be on BCP ANOTHER month! I won't be able to cycle until mid/late May instead of late April. UG! What a disappointment! I could have given this cycle a natural try this month. What a waste!
I am trying to focus on the good things....another month to lose more weight. It will happen to be the same month I got pg with my DS...a possible good luck month? It is hard.....and another reminder life doesn't stop.....it doesn't slow down either.....and I kind of need it to right now.....

1 Comments:
That is weird that the daycare won't tell you exactly what happened. It IS your child, after all...
Good luck w/ your next IVF. I really liked Follistim, and had good results with it (other than that darn BFN). Waiting until May stinks, but I am sure you can keep yourself busy until then!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home