Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, March 20, 2006

A very pleasant and scary surprise

OMG!!!!!!

The last I talked to my IVF Coordinator, I was told I would have to stay on BCPs an extra month before cycling. The RE and embryologist are going on vacation/conference in the beginning of May.

I took my last BCP this past Saturday morning. This was my first of 3 months on BCP. AF arrived full force today. I called the IVF coordinator at my RE's office to see if I am to wait to start my next pack of BCP this coming Sunday or start them today because AF arrived a little earlier than expected.Well.....hold on to your seats!Because AF came a wee bit early, I will be able to cycle in mid-April!!!! Now I don't have to wait until mid/late-May! This will be my suppression cycle!!!

So....I go in for bloodwork tomorrow morning. They will take an FSH, LH, and E2 level. They know it may not be 100% accurate since I am already on BCPs, but want to do it anyway.I will start BCPs tomorrow night (after we get the blood results back) and take them until April 5. I start Lupron (10 units) on April 1! April Fools' Day! I am to call when I get AF and should start stimming around April 10!!!

OK. I am terrified and excited! I so hope my ovaries cooperate this time. I am not asking for 20 eggies. I would be happy with anything over 3 since my last 2 IVF cycles got canceled due to poor response!!! I never got more than 1 eggie. My medication protocol has changed and the RE is giving me a higher dose of meds and changed the combination (from Gonal-F 300iu to Follistim 600iu and Menopur 150iu).

I wanted to lose another 13 pounds before starting stims. I don't think I will be able to do it, but I'd rather cycle than wait another month! My total loss since Jan. 3 is 32 pounds. I was aiming for 45 pounds lost before stimming.

Let the roller coaster begin! Bring on the hot flashes! Bring on the headaches! Please please please work this time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! That is such wonderful, fabulous, YIPPEE-SKIPPY news!!!!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home