Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, April 06, 2006

Not So Breaking News

There is an acquaintence I have at work who adopted through China about 1 year ago. She and her DH actually just had their last home visit last week. I spoke with her at length this morning about her experience.

At the time she and her DH decided to adopt from China, they already had a bio DS who is around my DS's age. They brought their daughter home from China when their DS was a little over 3.

I asked about how the transition went for the daughter AND her DS. Everything went very smoothly! The agency she used....CHI! This is the same agency my DH and I are seriously considering.

We talked for almost 1 hour! I got my own private information session! I can't wait to share the news with T. She had many of the same concerns I do when it comes to domestic adoption. She also had many of the same concerns over Int'l.

I felt like she was where I am 1 year ago. And I could be her 1 year from now. No, we haven't made our minds up yet, but it was great to talk to someone who went through what we may go through AND has a similar situation at home.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......

2 Comments:

Blogger JPAKAJR said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH:-)
((((((((HUGS))))))))

Friday, April 07, 2006 8:46:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

That is so great to get information from someone who's been there first hand!!

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home