So much to say.....
Life has been crazy these last few weeks. I could write a novel here, but thought it best to just summarize -
My DS got very sick and landed in the hospital on April 9. He was released on April 12. It was a very scary time and luckily he is fine. It turns out it was a cold with a secondary infection of the lymph nodes. No mumps, no toxoplasmosis, no Cat Scratch Fever...we did find out he had mono at some point in his short life, but not this time. The worst of it....the use of words like menengitis, leukemia, and brain tumor all in the same sentence. Thank goodness he is fine and back to his normal self.
Work is crazy. I have a huge deadline in 5 weeks and no help to get it done. My boss took a promotion and is leaving my area for another one in the company. I am too "valuable" so I can't go with him. I have worked for him for over 8 years. This sucks.
My co-manager is pg. About 12 weeks along at this point. It was an "accident" and her 3rd pg. Her 2 other children are 7 and 3. She knows of our IF struggle and was very sensitive to my feelings, but it is going to suck watching her belly grow everyday and wishing it was me.
A friend of mine had her little girl. Another friend found out she was pg again.
June marks two years of TTC our second child. So many ladies started trying to get pg AFTER me and now have their little ones in their arms.
We sent our initial application in to CHI to start the adoption process. We had a talk with my ILs a few weeks ago to make sure my DS would be taken care of when we would have to travel. They are thrilled for us and very supportive. A far cry from the "relax it will happen" mantra I have gotten from them over the past year or so.
My little one is still one and half years away if the time frame holds for China to get their referrals to you in about one year after submitting your paperwork. The paperchase as it is called can take 4-5 months to complete and you are somewhat at the mercy of governmental red tape.
I have about 2 weeks to go until I have to make a decision on whether or not to have blood work done for a possible 3rd IVF attempt. One the one hand, I want it done just to see what it says, but on the other, I am committed to our future child from China. Of course I would love to be pg again, but ultimately, I would rather have our family grow. T is all for me getting the blood work done and will support me if I decide not to. I still have $5,000 meds sitting in the house.
I started acupuncture one month ago. I continue to take all these darn vitamin and mineral supplements, a prenatal vitamin, a baby aspirin, Metformin, and DHEA. I have fallen off the weight loss a bit when my DS got sick, but am getting back on track now. I am down 36 pounds.
That is life in a nutshell for me. Busy as always, but now I have some focus towards the goal of building our family.

1 Comments:
Wow lots of stuff to digest......YAY on JT feeling better and I hope that you will just have some calm months ahead of you. Don't waste the meds.....LOL....unless you find a black market to sell it on....LOL...
(((((((((HUGS)))))))
Post a Comment
<< Home