Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You have a tough day when....

Work….that is my problem.

Something is really wrong when all you do is think of ways to get into a car accident on your commute home….bad enough to keep you out of work for about 2 months, but not bad enough to cause you permanent damage…..sick…I know…..but I spent the entire ride home today crying and thinking about a car accident.

Hate is a strong word....but right now....it fits.

I hate my job. I hate that I have no help. I hate that people (higher ups) think your job is so easy and want you to change things but have no clue as to how it gets done in the first place. I hate that I have 5 weeks to get something done that normally takes 4-5 months. I hate that I feel trapped.

Sure, I could look for another job. But how can I look for another job when we are about to embark on this adoption process? I need to stay at work because they reimburse us $8,000 for adoption costs but you need to incur the costs while you are an employee and you have to be a current employee to get reimbursed. I need FMLA. I need to get through the next year or pure hell at my job.

4 Comments:

Blogger JPAKAJR said...

Tons of ((((((((HUGS))))))))

Sending you tons of superwomen vibes~*~*~*~*~*~

Nina is STRONG.......Nina CAN do this.......:-) I wish things were easier for you right now.........Maybe you can go Jersery on someone's ass and they will get the point!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

((((((Nina)))))) I'm sorry you are so frustrated with the way things are at work. I can sympathize with the higher-ups not knowing anything about your job and how complex it really is. We get that in our dept all the time. Not fun!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

awww crap. Sorry work is such a stresser right now. I hope the next 5 weeks go by fast and things calm down after that.
((((hugs))))

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

(((((HUGS)))))

I know what it's like to loathe your job and hate seeing a friend so miserable.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home