Good Thing I am a CPA
And no, I don't mean Constant Pain in the Ass! LOL! I can Cut, Paste, and Assemble pretty well though.
When I spoke with the social worker yesterday to set up our initial appointment I asked her if she wanted anything specific in terms of paperwork for our meeting. She mentioned copies of our passports and our financial statement. Well, I sent my passport in to have my maiden name changed to my married name. I did photocopy the first page before I did it. All the social worker is looking for is the number. Um...I put the number on our initial application.....I see a pattern here....provide the same info many times to different people because noone bothers to look at the file! LOL!
The financial statement is easy for me. I have all the documents at my fingertips - past 3 years of tax returns, bank statements, stock information, 401K information, employment verification/letter proving your salary, value of assets (thank you Kelly Blue Book), debts, etc. I am a CPA and this is what I love to do crazy as it sounds for some of you...
So I gathered up 99% of the documents last night and will copy them today. T needs to get his own employment verification from his company. I will prepare a cute little spreadsheet with the info and then "plop" the numbers into the form. I will support each number in the form with a document and give it to the social worker.
Just to keep things moving along....we have our local police clearance letters and proof our three cats are vaccinated.
Most of the other forms to fill out are for DCFS. That is T's job...floor plan, evacuation plan, etc.
I am excited and happy to be moving forward with this process. I keep hearing rumors about China and quotas and wait times. I am so glad we switched to Vietnam. Our son (or daughter) will be with us soon.

1 Comments:
I'm so very happy you are happy and excited. I haven't "heard this tone" in your posts for a while. It's nice;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home