Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I'm "Expecting"!!!

I have been so busy lately. I met one of my three work deadlines so far and the last two deadlines are next week. I have been busy gathering up my paperwork for our adoption and making various appointments. I have been cleaning and picking up the house for tomorrow's social worker visit. I haven't had much time to think about the things that are about to happen.

T and I haven't told anyone about our adoption plans other that people who are on a need-to-know basis (our references, parents, and siblings). Of course, I told the ladies on the board - I couldn't keep this from them! Two people who "know" what we are doing told me just this week that it is exciting that we are expecting! LOL! I started to think, and I guess we are.

Of course, I view it more as being in the 1T of pregnancy and not knowing if a pg will stick or not. We haven't been approved, but I would love to think there won't be an issue of getting approved. Then again, many ladies get pg and then m/c.

So...I decided I am in the 1T. We are still keeping quiet about it until that approval comes. When we get that approval, it will be onto the 2T!

It makes me smile. We're expecting and it is our little secret!

I still look at pg ladies and envy their growing bellies. I think about the kicks they are feeling. I think about the u/s and the birthing experience. And then I think about how I won't have to deal with feedings every 1-2 hours! LOL! I won't have to deal with PPD; just with some jet lag! Oh...and leaving my DS for 2-3 weeks! Not something I like doing, but it will be well worth it in the end!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just "hear" your expectant glow in your voice. So exciting. Gl on your home visit. Im sure it will go off without a hitch. I have a similar home study for foster care and I scrub down the house each time only to have them barely glance it over. I know you will miss your lil guy when you travel to Vitenam but how exciting to spend a week in what I hear is a beautiful place and to get the chance to find out about that culture 1st hand so that you can tecah your child.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger JPAKAJR said...

:-) Grinning from ear to ear............My Twin;-)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina this is wonderful news and you sound so excited I havent read that in your voice in quite some time, I know your home visit will go great and soon you will be holding your precious baby :) GL and cant wait to keep reading your updates!!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home