Moving Right Along!
T and I spent most of the weekend finishing our autobiographies and getting the initial paperwork together.
I mailed out our agency contract yesterday and it was received today in St. Louis. I also mailed out our home study agreement, DCFS papers, autobiographies, and reference list yesterday. That was received by our local agency office this morning as well. The FBI Record request was sent Express Mail to WV. The USPS told me it would not be delivered today because the zip code is in the middle of nowhere. So, the FBI will receive that request along with our fingerprints tomorrow. WHEW! And this is only the beginning!
We have already been assigned a social worker and she called me today. We have our first appointment set to meet her next Wednesday at 2PM. She is excited because she has 10 familes adopting from China and is excited we are going with Vietnam. She said she needs something different!
Thank goodness the house cleaner comes on Wednesday! LOL! This is the initial meeting. After this, T and I will each meet with her separately followed the the final "home visit". I am to get our financial statement ready for her for that visit. I also have our local police letters stating "no criminal record".
The paperwork list seems long, but I have to tell you we have most of it done already. It IS overwhelming at first, but there is a wonderful ending to it all.
My appointment to drop off our I-600A form for immigration is May 30. They won't do anything with it until our home study is done, but it gets our name into the system.
I guess we are really moving right along!
And last but not least.....I am waiting for a call back from the RE about my blood work yesterday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home