WHEW! Another tick mark on the checklist!
The meeting with the SW went well. I know I was stressing for nothing now. She pretty much just asked the same things that needed to go into our autobiographies. Piece of cake! Everything looks good so far. We handed over all the documents I had for the DCFS licensing.
The next step is to turn in our I-600A form to immigration (USCIS). I have an appointment to do that on Tuesday.
T and I are meeting with the SW individually on June 15.
T and I also have to attend a 6 hour course on Int'l Adoption as part of the DCFS requirement. I am calling the agency tomorrow. The SW thinks there is room in the June class for us!
After that, we wait for the reference letters to come in and to get our FBI and DCFS background clearance. The only other thing we need is our medical letters and those appointments are set up.
Once all of that is received, we have the final licensing walk through of our house.

5 Comments:
I am so freakin excited for you guys! I love hearing the excitement in your "voice" too!!!
-JPup
Sounds like things are going great so far! :) And I'm so glad to hear that you are "expecting"! I love it! :)
Nina sounds like all went well and Im so glad one more thing is ticked off your list!!! Im so excited that your "expecting" you certainly have that glow about you and I couldnt be more happier for you!!!
I'm so happy for you guys! I was thinking about you a lot yesterday afternoon!! How exciting!!! I love reading about this!
YAY YAY YAY...........:-) You are doing so well with everything:-)
One proud friend,
Jen
((((((HUGS))))))
Post a Comment
<< Home