Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Saturday was JT's first swim lesson. He loves the water and his ear plugs did stay in for the 30 minutes he was in the pool. I wasn't too impressed with the instructor, but T tells me that is because I used to teach swimming and was a life guard and noone would do it as well as me! LOL!

Father's Day is over. We all survived. The weather was much cooler than predicted and the thunderstorms did hold off for the most part. The day was pretty dreary, but my MIL was very pleased all worked out. T and I were exhausted by the end of the day and now we are scrambling to get stuff done before our vacation next week.

This is a very busy week for us. Yesterday, JT had a 6 month follow up with the ENT Dr to check his ear tubes. Much to our surprise, the tubes have fallen out and as long as we stay ear infection free, we don't have to have them put back in. We don't have to put ear plugs in his ears anymore and he can enjoy baths and swimming without the worry of getting water in his ears.

Tomorrow, I take JT to the eye doctor for his first eye check up. The appt. is supposed to be 1 1/2 hours long. I have no idea how JT is going to be "good" in a Dr's office for that long.

Tomorrow night, T gets his TB test at the Dr.

Thursday is our second appt. with the social worker for the adoption.

Saturday, Tom goes to the Dr for his check-up and then we leave for the east coast to see family and friends (our vacation).

Hopefully, by the time we get back, our home study will be done and we can get our fingerprints done with USCIS. We have the appt. in hand and are just waiting for the right time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Im glad the weekend went better than expected and that you all survived lol. Yeah on JT and no more ear plugs whoo hoo I hope that is Olivia too hers are still in after 2 years so hopefully when we have our appt this fall we have the same outcome ughhh its a long road. I hope JT does well at his eye appt that seems like a long time wow I cant imagine!!! I also hope you have a great time on your vacation and that lots will be waiting on the adoption front when you return!!! ((((HUGS))))

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home