Dr Appt
Well, I went to the Dr yesterday. It has been over a year since I have seen him. He was also my mom's Dr so the memory of the office and the hospital where the office is located do not bring back the greatest memories.
Someone was watching out for me yesterday. The hospital looked totally different since they did all the construction. It was a new place.
Sure, it was the same Dr office and same staff, but I wasn't getting the "I am feeling sorry you lost your mother looks". It was really ok.
I got the 10 minute exam. LOL! BP normal. Temp a little elevated but with the heat and my menopausal hormones...well, I run hot so all is ok there. Weight....well, yes, I am still fat, but no ill health effects (yet) from it. Lungs clear, heartrate and heartbeat normal. I had to have a TB test which will get read tomorrow, but I can tell you it is negative.
So....I got my clean bill of health along with a pretty pink DCFS form saying I am in good health, free of contagious diseases, and able to care for a child for the next 5, 10, and 15 years.
CHECK! Another piece of paper complete!
The Dr will write our letter for our dossier that goes to Vietnam as we get closer since the documents can't be over 6 months old. Carol (a wonderful nurse at the office) said that would be no problem.

2 Comments:
YAY so happy to hear the appointment went well:-)
Glad the appt went so well and yeah on the great health check up :) Whoo hooo
Post a Comment
<< Home