A Good News Day!!!
TWO great things happened today!
A little background on the first - In order to adopt from Vietnam (or anywhere internationally), it is required that we become licensed foster care adopt only parents in our state. This means we have to ton of paperwork just for that. Not only do we have to get all the paperwork done for the state, we also are getting paperwork done for Vietnam and our immigration department.
THE FIRST GREAT THING - I saw my Dr on Monday for a physical because I need a form for the state. I also need a letter from my Dr for Vietnam, but it is a simple letter stating we are able to care for a child, have no mental or physical issues (no smart alec jokes about the mental part - LOL), and are free of contagious disease symptoms (hahaha I see more jokes coming).
The form for the state is pretty simple, but has stressed me out a lot. I had the physical exam Monday consisting of my bp, temp, listening to my lungs and heart - 10 minutes. I also had to get a TB test. I went back to the Dr and the TB test was NEG (as I knew it would be). Anyway.......I have my official medical form filled out by my Dr stating I am in good health!!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!
T gets his TB test June 21 and goes to the Dr June 24 for his physical.
THE SECOND GREAT THING - We got our letter from the USCIS (immigration) stating we can get our fingerprints taken! I am so excited! I have heard such stories of people having to wait WEEKS AND WEEKS to get their fingerprint appointments! I submitted our application on May 30 and got our appointments today in the mail! T and I are going Saturday for our 3rd and final set of fingerprints! Of course, immigration still needs our completed home study for our visa approval and that is currently taking about 8 weeks.
I still can't believe how fast things are moving. I am sure they will slow down quite a bit with immigration and then the wait for our referral (and then travel), but I will take it while I can.
I keep thinking to myself it is possible by this time next year, we will have our new addition home with us!

1 Comments:
Yeah Yeah Yeah is all I can say Im so happy things are moving quickly for you and hope it continues :)
Post a Comment
<< Home