Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, June 22, 2006

SW Interview and Home Visit DONE!

Well, T and I had our individual interviews today. Mine lasted about 45 minutes and T's was over in 15 minutes! LOL! Can you tell who is the talker here?

Anyway...we found out everything with our home study is pretty much done except the last clearance we need to become licensed with the state. That should be back in the next week or two (we hope). All of our paperwork has been submitted (except T's medical).

Since Vietnam does not have a requirement that the SW must visit X number of times, the SW did the walkthrough of our house today. It took less than 10 minutes and all is fine.

T will get his medical form filled out Saturday morning and we will send it off to the agency. The medical form is for the file and as long as you get a Dr to sign it, you "pass".

The best news yet.....the SW told us today that the "waiting time" for referral is about 3 months for boys and 12-15 months for girls. You travel to Vietnam approximately 4 months after referral. She is unclear as to when the waiting time starts...it could start once the agency receives our I-171H form (immigration) or when we submit the dossier. Either way...that is much shorter than I ever expected!

If we get a completed homestudy sent to USCIS by August 1 and USCIS takes approximately 8 weeks to issue the I-171H, we may receive a referral by the end of this year! HOLY COW!

*can you see me doing the happy dance of joy?*

6 Comments:

Blogger Doodle - said...

FANTABULOUS!!!!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Nina that is awesome Im so excited and doing the happy dance with ya ;) well I just dont look as cool doing it lol. Im so glad its all moving quicker than expected and Im biting my nails every step of the way. ((((HUGS))))

Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Wow...that is so exciting. I didn't realize things would move so quickly. I'm so happy that things are ticking along.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

you? a talker? nahhhhhh... LOL :) *HUGS* I'm so excited for you!

Friday, June 23, 2006 1:40:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Nina - how wonderful for you and your family!!!! I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you. :) And I think I'll join you in the .....
< > < > < > Happy Dance < > < > < >

Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home