Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, June 09, 2006

Too Good to be true

And so it goes...

I spoke with my SW yesterday. It appears as though one of my five references did not get the request so I called to have the agency send another request. Not the biggest deal in the world and it will get taken care of quickly. As I was speaking with my SW, I told her we had gotten our FBI clearance back, medical clearance for my DS and me, and we received our fingerprint appointment with the USCIS.

In our conversation, I found out our home study is pretty much done with the exception of the background check from DCFS. They are waiting for clearance from CANTS (Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System). It could take weeks since DCFS is slow. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

My SW told me I could send a request to the state. The state seems to take about 3 weeks to run our info. I am all over it. I have the forms ready and will overnight them today. What I want to know is why she didn't tell me this a month ago when we first submitted our information. I would have happily sent off a couple of forms (free of charge) to help move this process along.

This isn't a huge deal, but one of many bumps we will face along this journey.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you hit a bump and I hope it gets cleared soon. Sending continued speedy vibes that the whole process flies by :)

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon (shan977) said...

I'm so sorry about this! I hope and pray there will be no more bumps along the way.

Friday, June 09, 2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home