Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's Over....

The Briday Shower, that is. I survived. I also asked if we could load my car with the gifts and I would get them to my SIL next weekend. She said no and we loaded up her car and my MIL's car since my MIL lives less than 5 minutes away from my SIL.

Don't ask me why this wasn't decided on in the first place.

The shower started at 1PM. I arrived un-promptly at 1:15PM since I caught every stinking light, had to wait for a huge church to let out (thank you cops for stopping traffic - NOT!), and quite frankly, had no motivation to get there early.

Lunch was served at 1:20PM. I chose not to eat. I had a huge headache all day and was fighting off puking my guts up. Then the real fun began.....games. I hate games at showers. Everyone knows I hate games. There were no games at my bridal or baby shower.

There wasn't just 1 game. There were 3 games which took almost one hour to finish. Then my other SIL read some Shakespeare poem while we were all sweating out on the hot deck waiting for M to open up her gifts.

The gist opening started at 3PM. Can you tell I kept looking at my watch? LOL! It ended around 4:30PM. I am dripping wet with sweat since it was so hot out today. I helped to load the cars in an effort to get out of there sooner. People started eating dessert while the groom and I loaded the cars.

I passed on dessert and started to say my goodbyes. All was fine. I was going to get out of there and get home by 6:30PM! WOOHOO!

I say goodbye to my MIL....she whispered in my ear....thanks for being a good sport and so supportive. My response....you shouldn't expect anything less from me, Mom.

I left.

I am home and very happy about it.

Now I need a good excuse not to go to the bachelorette party. And...there is no way in hell I am going to that one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

WooHoo! You made it! :)

Glad it wasn't too bad and I hope your headache is gone by now.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home