Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, July 21, 2006

TGIF

I made it through another week and work should slow down just a little bit now. T and I are planning to get our USCUS fingerprints tomorrow and are hoping for a quiet weekend.

T and I have planned a "date" night for tomorrow. Grandma and Grandpa are going to watch JT so T and I can go out to dinner and then a movie. T is a Clerks fanatic so we will be seeing Clerks II. Personally, I don't care about the movie, but am glad we can have a date. I can't remember the last time we went out on a "date".

On another note, I got 2 notarized copies of our long form home study in the mail yesterday as well as 2 notarized copies of the short form that will get included in our dossier once we put that together for Vietnam. There was also a letter in the big yellow envelope requesting $750 for our post placement visits. This means the USCIS has received our home study and we (keep your fingers crossed) should receive our I-171H form in about 6-8 weeks.

According to my calendar, we should be put on the waiting list for a child by the end of September. I realize things can change, but I like having some target in sight.

I think the agency is good about giving us information. I received another email this week saying 2 more referrals were received. One was for a girl and one for a boy. Both children were less than 5 months old. These referrals are for very young children. I can only wonder what is happening to the older ones while the program was closed? I feel terrible for each child without a home they can call their own. I wish I could bring each one into our family.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Have a great time on your "date"! :)

Sounds like things are coming along for you. I'm sure it's difficult when thinking about all the children without a loving home to take them in. Praying that everything continues to go smoothing and that you'll be united with the little one destined to join your family very soon!

Friday, July 21, 2006 5:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home