A Weekend Day in the life of a Working Mom
Yesterday was CRAZY as are most of our weekends days. We tried to get all the errands run and packed in a ton of things to do!
It started at 7:50AM when we left the house...I had a Dr appt at 8:30AM. On the way to the Dr appt, we called the eye center to see if JT's glasses were in. The glasses were in so add another thing to do on our list.
From the appt, we went to get our USCIS fingerprints done. I decided most are going to hate me after I tell you we got to the fingerprinting facility and we were in, fingerprinted, and out in less than 20 minutes! Trust me...I know how lucky we were....I was planning to wait at least 2 hours.....
From the fingerprinting appt, we picked up the eye glasses. JT actually wore them for about 5 minutes before prying them off of his face. UG! This is one battle I don't need. OK. Glasses stay off because we are en route to get JT some lunch (it is not about 11AM). Off to the drive thru at McD's.....why? We are on our way to see Carol Peterson (children's singer) who is playing in our Towne Center for free. Our daycare center is sponsoring this event and also has games, rides, etc. for the kids.
We get to the Towne Center and give JT his lunch. We buy some tickets so JT can go on a pony ride (and of course I didn't have my camera with me) and play in one of those bouncy air things...
The concert started at noon and went until 1PM. We head home for naptime.
JT refuses to nap so we pack up his diaper bag and overnight bag. It is date night for T and me and G'ma and G'Pa are going to babysit for the evening. It is a little after 2PM.
Off we go in the car. Jt passes out within 5 minutes. We get gas, make a deposit at the bank, get cash out for our date, and stop for Starbucks. JT is still asleep. We drive 30 minutes out of the way to buy tickets for the movie since T thinks it will actually sell out (Clerks II).
Then we head to the library so JT can play a bit and visit G'ma who works there. We arrive at the library at about 4:15PM. I gently put JT's glasses on just before we get him out of the car. He wasn't quite ready to wake up yet and he was Mr. Shyboy. However....the glasses stayed on!
I showed him some books and he started pointing objects out to me. I was in shock! My kid CAN see with these things on his face. The library closes at 5PM so we head for a quick stop to pick up some milk before going to G'ma and G'Pa's house.
The glasses did come off again just before 6PM. I couldn't believe JT left them on for 1 1/2 hours!
G'Pa takes JT for a stroller walk and T and I "escape" to go out. We grab some dinner at Champ's and go to the 8PM showing of Clerks II. Clerks II was pretty good, too. I liked it better than the first one.
We pick up JT at about 10:30PM and find out he put his glasses on again during dinner and was a GREAT BOY for G'Ma and G'Pa. He went to sleep without a peep at 8PM. UG! He only gives US trouble! LOL!
We all get home at about 11:30PM.
WHEW! I am still tired thinking about all we got done yesterday.
Today? Laundry and relaxation! Oh yeah....and a trip to the grocery store.

5 Comments:
SUPER MOM:-) WAYTOGO JT:-) I would love to see a picture of him w/ the glasses:-) Soooo how was Clerks II worth the money or will I fall asleep......I just love Jay and Silent Bob:-)
YAY
((((((((HUGS)))))))))
Well, FWIW, I thought Clerks II was AWESOME!! If you liked any of Kevin Smith's other films, you're gonna like this one. Definitely worth the money... but that's just my opinion.
Yers trooly,
the blogger's husband (aka T)
Sounds like an action packed day.
Here's to JT keeping his glasses on a little longer each day.
BTW - I have never heard of Clerks or Clerks II! ;P
You got your CIS fingerprints done on a SATURDAY and in only 20 MINUTES?!!! I am SO jealous!!
Hooray for JT keeping his glasses on... sounds like he's getting used to them already.
That was one very busy day - good thing it ended with a date night!
WHew WTG super Mommy :) Glad the fingerprints went so well and that is good news. Yay to JT getting his glasses and keeping them on here and there it will take time dont give up once he realizes how much he can see they will stay on longer...thats what happened with us. Glad you had a good date night and that Clerks II was good I wanna see that movie too lol glad you enjoyed it better than the first at least I know it wasnt a flop lol. Hope you got some rest
P.S T I agree I love all of his movies there a riot ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home