Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Sunday, August 13, 2006

Adoption Thoughts...

I wanted to send out some congratulations for good news received this week! Mrs.B received good news about her referral. LM got her dossier off and posted a very helpful anticipated timeline regardinf her VN adoption. A couple of I-171H's were received by The Cracked Pot and Our on Way to Vietnam. I am thrilled for these families and continue to marvel at how many more blogs I find everyday dealing with VN adoption. It really is inspiring.

With more and more adopting from Vietnam, I am also finding a ton of conflicting info on how these adoptions are handled. Some agencies have their clients putting dossiers together long before getting their referral. It makes no sense to me since documents can't be older than 6 months. I have heard stories of clients traveling to VN without a G&R (Giving&Receiving) date and are staying in VN for months. I worry about all the agencies that are getting licensed. I worry about the rumors of corruption which is what shut the program down in the first place.

I do know I am working with a respected agency. I am glad they are following the rules, but sad that our adoption may be in jeopardy or take longer becuase they are being ethical.

We still have a long way to go before we bring our newest family member home. It has been 3 weeks since our home study was logged into USCIS. Hopefully, we only have 3-5 weeks to go. I would love to be put on the waiting list for a child by the end of September.

We haven't told a lot of our family and friends about the adoption yet. Sure, we told our IL's and siblings and our workplace to give them notice, but we haven't told other family. We can't decide if we should say something when we receive our I-171H or wait until referral since referral wait times have increased. The time from referral to travel has increased also.

We aren't keeping this quiet for fear of not have people support us. We know our family and friends would be very supportive and understanding. I think we just haven't said anything because it can be about a 10 month wait once we even get the I-171H (5 months for referral, 5 for travel). If I was pg, we wouldn't say anything until the 2T anyway....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home