Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bridezilla and MIL RANT!

This may get long......

We were over at my IL's house for dinner this past Saturday. Bridezilla was not there, but of course, we had to talk wedding. UG! JT's attire came up once again. I reminded my MIL that even she thought the outfit I had for JT to wear was fine. It wasn't fine with Bridezilla.

I told my MIL I have looked at Target, Kohls, Old Navy, and Nordstrom's for the specific attire bridezilla wants JT to wear. I also told my MIL I would look for dark brown pants so at least we can salvage the other half of the outfit that sort of meets BZ's specifications. My MIL generously offerred to help me look. I thanked her, but then she decided it would be best for me to look since JT is in between sizes and all makers of children's clothes are cut differently.

I got a phone call on Sunday night from my MIL. She was at Burlington Coat Factory and found a 3-piece set for JT and was asking what size she should get. The 3-piece set consisted of a black pair of pants, white shirt, and tie. OK. I told her he is a 3T on top and a 2T on bottom. The 2T bottoms may not fit in the waist and the 3T would definitely be too long. I also told her we do not have a pair of black shoes for him and I am not willing to spend over $40 for a pair of black shoes he will wear once. My son has my feet infortunately and wears XW which are really XXW and I have only been able to find shoes at Stride Rite.

She buys the outfit in a 2T and says he can just wear his sneakers (which are white and navy). I remind her that her daughter, BZ, said that would not be acceptable.

I get a phone call again last night from my MIL. Tell me why I answered the phone? She tells me she is at a shoe store (doesn't tell me the name) and has a black pair of shoes for JT and asks what size he is. I tell her size 8 XXW. I tell her if she has found a store other than Stride Rite that carries shoes in his size that would be fantastic! I wait for her to tell me the size. She tells me the shoes are an 8W. She then asks would that be ok for just 1 night? I tell her JT's foot will not fit in those shoes and no, it would not be acceptable for 1 night. She asks me again, are you sure it wouldn't be acceptable for just one night? I say no, it wouldn't be acceptable for just 1 night. She says, well I will talk to you later and promptly hangs up the phone.

I know I pissed her off. I almost don't care I pissed her off. We went from the outfit I have being ok to agreeing not to look for other stuff for JT to wear to doing a full out search for him to wear something BZ thinks is more appropriate.

Maybe I am crazy....but this wedding starts at 3PM on Labor Day weekend. I have a soon to be 2 1/2 year old who isn't in the wedding party so he shouldn't have to wear anything tux like. The wedding inviations are informal invitations in their wording and style. The bridesmaids dressed are just above the knee. And you want me to put him in dark pants, a long sleeve shirt, AND tie plus put him in shoes that will inevitably hurt his feet?

I ranted to T last night and the wonderful husband I had offerred (without prompting) to talk to his MIL and put an end to this. I said no (because I don't want him in hot water), but told him I will not be speaking to her anytime soon. If I see the number come up on caller ID, he can answer it and deal with her.

I am so fed up with this whole thing. I am also pissed which makes me stubborn as hell. I don't plan on going out of my way AT ALL to accommodate BZ or my MIL. JT will wear what I have and that is that.

Call me a bitch, but I just don't care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

oh my gosh - what a nightmare! My feeling is if they aren't in the wedding, no one else gets to decide how you dressed them. Obviously you want him to look nice for pictures, but this is overboard!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Amen! Us bitches need to stick together. ;P

I don't blame you for holding your ground. I'd do the same thing, except I probably would have went off on her.

((hugs))

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home