Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bumps and Adoption

By the title, you may think we have hit a bump in our adoption journey. I called my agency yesterday to clarify what I actually need to send to them once we receive our I-171H. During this conversation, I was informed of a couple of changes to paperwork that is to be included/not included in the dossier. I am all set to go as soon as the darn I-171H comes! I am a www.uscis.gov junkie. I check the website everyday to see if it got updated for processing dates. No such luck yet, but you better believe I will blog about it when it happens!

Bumps....

I found a lump on my left breast (I wonder how many hits google searches will cause now) about a month ago. I thought it was nothing because I have found small lumps that end up going away in a few days. I know a month is longer than a few days, but what is done is done. About one week ago, I noticed it had gotten bigger and had started to hurt.

I called my OBGYN Monday and saw him yesterday. He found the lump immediately. I was sent for a mammogram (I just had one done in March and it was "normal"). Then I was sent for an u/s. I am lucky that my OBGYN does all of this in his own office. After 2 hours of being poked, prodded, and tested, the Dr tells me it is not cancer (whew!). The mass is 2cm (pretty large in lump world). It is likely a fibroid adenoma (benign mass) and possibly a small infection along with it because of its location. So, I get to take a high dose antibiotic for 10 days and have a follow up in two weeks. At that time, we will discuss further action. The further action involved means biopsy, drain, or remove. Personally, I want this thing out of me and am all for removal!

Overall, it was very good news! Sure, I have a lump, but it isn't cancerous.

2 Comments:

Blogger saucygoat said...

How wonderful that it wasn't cancerous! That must have been scary to go through.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

(((Nina))) Sorry the process is taking so long. I think I would be checking the status every day too. It's almost as addicting as chart stalking, eh? ;-)

I'm also so very glad you got the lump checked and it turned out to be "nothing". WTG to your doc for being quick checking it out!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home