Lefty Update
So the pain got really bad in lefty and I called the Dr to get in today instead of tomorrow. The Dr looked and felt...I started to cry (yes, it hurts that bad). I was sent in for an u/s to what had changed in the past 2 weeks. I ended antibiotics Friday and the pain pretty much started Friday night.
U/S reveals a cyst that developed over the mass (original lump). Dr decides to drain it. Let me tell you it hurt more than labor! Nothing like a needle being poked into your boob! And the cyst is right at the nipple YEEOCH!
***WARNING***TMI***
Dr words - He got a lot of puss (yes, he said puss) out. He is sending it for testing. ICK!
I have gotten a referral to see a surgeon and we will have the lump removed. Of course, that Dr's office is closed today so I will call tomorrow. I asked my OBGYN if he still thought this was not cancer. While he was not as convincing as last time, he did say he didn't think so and the reason to have it removed would be to check to make sure. It will be done under a general and recovery time (I am told) is a couple of days.
I go for a follow up in one week to my OBGYN. I will call to schedule surgery tomorrow.
That's all folks....lefty still hurts, but now it is from where the big ass needle went in! I swear the thing has already filled up with more crap. I think I hurt more now than I did earlier today!

4 Comments:
how scary. hope the surgery goes well and all is fine.
I'm so sorry for you. That sounds really painful. Take a deep breath, pray (if you do, I don't want to offend) and don't let the stress of this make everything worse. (Easier said than done, huh.) ;) Sorry again you have gone /are going through this.
That does NOT sound fun at all. I hope it all gets fixed soon and you feel better soon.
Keep us all posted.
Ow-oh-owie-ow-ow! I'm sorry, that sounds like a great deal of not fun. I had the needle thing done way back when but I think they numbed it up first so I didn't really feel anything. Hope they get that lump outta' Lefty ASAP and it is not anything serious beyond that.
Post a Comment
<< Home