Remembering Ryan David
A friend of mine gave birth to a son one year ago today. He passed away just two days later. I can't imagine how hard this day (and everyday) must be for her. My thoughts are with S and Ryan today and always.
In the Jewish tradition, it is customary to plant a tree for various occasions. Today, I purchased a tree for Ryan in the Children's Forest to serve as a living memory of his life. A tree has roots and with strong enough roots, the hope exists that the tree will bear fruit. A tree is the bridge between the past, represented by its strong roots and the future, symbolized by the sweet fruit.

3 Comments:
My thoughts are with them on this sad day. I can't even imagine the pain this causes for them.
P&PTs for your friend and her family.
Thinking of your friend and her precious baby Ryan waiting for her in heaven. I think planting a tree in his honor is a beautiful thing to do, a wonderful lasting tribute.
Post a Comment
<< Home