Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Another Lefty Update

I am so frustrated. I had a follow up with my OBGYN last night. I started another antibiotic last Wednesday. By last Saturday, another cyst/abscess was starting to show up. This was confirmed by u/s last night. Lefty is hurting and swollen again.

The OBGYN wants me to follow up with the surgeon today or tomorrow. That is fine although I can't get in touch with him.

The surgeon wants the inflammatory part of this thing taken care of before removing the mass that is underneath it. The OBGYN wants the surgeon to remove both the cyst thing and the mass since obvioualy antibiotics aren't working.

I just want this whole thing to be done!

I hurt. I wouldn't let the OBGYN drain the cyst again since it hurt so much last time. The OBGYN said he could only partially numb me....um...no thanks...I would rather deal with the pain than go through that again.

If the cyst does get bad, I am to call the OBGYN and then he will drain it. I can only hope I can deal with the pain until the surgeon calls me back.

I have a conference I am attending for work from this afternoon until Friday morning. I was really hoping to get in with the surgeon first thing this morning. Instead...I sit and wait and call the number every 15 minutes in hopes to get in touch.

No news on the adoption front. I am still waiting for the I-171H form.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am feeling so frustrated for you! I hope you can get in to see that surgeon very soon.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger Shannon (shan977) said...

((((HUGS)))) I hope this is all over soon!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina,
I have a hard time to get the right number to call the orphan unit of USCIS. I called the number 312/385-1820. Then it gave me another number (312/239-5900) to call. At this number, I started becoming confused. (It indicated that this was the Homeland security/INS number.) They had a long message telling me what number to call for immigration but not for adoption. If you do not mind, would you please share with me the number to call the orphan officer to find out about the log in day of the home study?

Did you get a hold of the surgeon?

Mai

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nina Im sooo sorry lefty is acting up again and I hope you get this all resolved soon, I wouldnt want to have it drained either :( Sending (((((HUGS))))) your way

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home