Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, September 08, 2006

The Last of It

I apologize to those blog readers who have absolutely nothing to do with this once again. Please ignore and jump to the bottom…

First I want to thank the three ladies who emailed me. Three. I also want to thank the couple of ladies who emailed me prior to my blog entry. It is still a far cry from the 80 or so that are involved.

I hope I explained things well enough and if you need clarification, I would be more than happy to discuss things further with you. If anyone has any questions that concern me, I am open to communication. Let me make that clear…again.

For the individual who I reached out to and who didn’t want to talk, if that ever changes, you do know how to get a hold of me. Please don’t think I am holding onto grudges because I am not. I understand that you were misinformed and that isn’t necessarily your fault.

I can’t force people to want to set things straight. I can’t force people to contact me. I can’t force people to believe things they just don’t want to believe. I can’t force people to listen. I can’t force people to behave a certain way.

I could blog everything that is on my mind right now but that wouldn’t accomplish anything; that would involve people who have no involvement; that never were involved, should not have been involved, and will not be involved by me. I could tell you my side of the story, but that isn’t going to do a damn bit of good if people won’t listen.

I understand that in times of hurt and emotion everyone needs a scapegoat. I also see that the scapegoat is me. OK. I will accept that if it makes others feel better and keeps pressure and heat off them. It is a survival skill and quite frankly, with all I have been through in my life and choose not to share, I will get through this. I certainly have gotten through worse. Better to blame me wrongly than to blame someone else who isn’t strong enough to take it.

I can tell you one thing. I AM walking up with my head help high. I did NOTHING wrong. I am NOT to blame.



And on the breast lump issue…

I did have a surgical consult on Tuesday. It was pretty much a bust. Dr. Hottie (my was he gorgeous) copped a feel (in a medical sort of way) and talked to me about what happens during the surgery. Dr. Hottie told me my risk is very low for cancer because of my age, family history (or lack thereof), and the fact I have a biological child. I brought up IBC (Thanks, Mrs. B) and he said it didn’t look like it even though I have about 6 of the 10 indicators of it. He explained the various kinds of lumps and wanted to get my records from my OBGYN (even though I requested they be sent/received before the appt). Dr. Hottie, of course, did not contact my OBGYN on Tuesday and was off to Cabo for a week beginning Wednesday. I will wait for him to get back and talk to my OBGYN. More likely than not, this lump WILL be removed and tested. I was told I may have some deformity in my breast because of the location of the lump but hopefully, breast tissue will grow back and normalize it. I was also told I will more likely than not lose some sensitivity in the one breast as well. Personally, while this is disturbing to hear, I would rather get the darn thing out and hope T can still feel the same way about me (which, by the way I have no doubt about).

Tuesday night I had a follow up with my OBGYN. The lump itself does not hurt as much anymore and the cyst he drained a week earlier was smaller as well. The culture of the cyst fluid was received and there was some nasty stuff in it. The nasty stuff the lab grew was not uncommon though. I was put BACK on antibiotics for 10 more days. I have a follow up with the OBGYN Tuesday again with a repeat u/s. I am kind of in a holding pattern.

That’s all and sorry to be a downer. Not a good month for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Dr Hottie? LOL! Is he anything like McDreamy? ;P Seriously though, I'm glad to hear things are moving forward and you're getting it removed.

As for the other stuff...more ((hugs)). I have no idea what you're talking about, but I do know people can be smally, petty and spiteful. I, personally, chose to distance myself from those sorts. Sorry you're having to deal with them.

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Nina--
Im sorry you didnt get more of a response and that you feel like a scapegoat. Thats a horrible feeling. There are alot of people that adore you. Please dont let it get you down. ((hugs))

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina -
I'm sorry about the scapegoating drama you are living - I hope everything clears up for you soon.

I'm glad it sounds like you have a very low risk for cancer and that they can treat you with antibiotics while you wait for more answers.

You have had quite the stressful few weeks... I think it's about time you had some serious fun or an amazingly good day. I'll be praying for you. :-)

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Glad to hear the appt w/Dr Hottie went ok. And I'm glad you asked about IBC. Better safe than sorry.

(((Hugs))) on all the rest of the stuff going on.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that everything gets resolved soon, both the lump and your personal life. They both sound very stressful and the lump sounds a little scary. I'm hoping for nothing but the best for you.

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger JPAKAJR said...

Nina,

I applaud you for handling everything with such grace. You are an amazingly strong women. You ARE correct. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. I stand behind you 100%. I always will.

((((((HUGS))))))

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((HUGS))))))

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home