Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, September 21, 2006

Post Surgery Update

The surgery went fine although I think they woke me up too soon....OUCH! And I told them as much! LOL!

I have internal stiches, but they were able to use steri-strips to close the outside. The mass did not have the characteristics of cancer according to the surgeon! YAY! We will get the pathology report in about a week.

I hurt, but I know it is temporary so can deal with it. I have some good drugs to take as well.

The lump had attached itself to my areola and nipple so it was taken out in two pieces. On the good side, my areola and nipple were spared from removal/disfigurement. I have to wear this binding/sport bra thingy they put on me in surgery for the next couple of days stuffed with gauze!

Who would have thought I would need to stuff a set of D's! LOL! Anyway...all is fine and I can't thank everyone enough for the tremendous amount of support you have given!

I am going to eat something so I can take my happy pills.

And today marks 8 weeks waiting for the I-171H.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well and the lump is gone. I hope it stops hurting very soon. In the meantime, enjoy the pills!!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your surgery went well Nina and hope recovery is quick. Lots of heal quick vibes coming your way ;)

Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that the surgery went well and that it sounds like you'll get positive news about the lump. I hope you're feeling well soon! And that the 171H comes very, very soon!

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying that you heal quickly! I didn't know you were dealing with this on top of the adoption stuff when another PAP gave me your site. You are very brave and we are sending you positive thoughts on all fronts! On the I 171H front, try emailing the USCIS in Chicago at CHIADOPT@DHS.GOV. We did this after our frantic search for information on Tuesday. Today we received a response saying that our case was approved on Tuesday, September 19, 2006. Coincidence? We'll let you know when we get ours in the mail. Hope yours is in this round!

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad your surgery went well and it doesn't look like cancer! I hope everything heals up properly and quickly.

Friday, September 22, 2006 4:26:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Nina ((hugs)) I haven't been online in a while and am glad all went well. Hope you're feeling better by now.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nina,
Hope you feel better now. I just received reply from the ChiAdopt email that they are processing homestudy received on July 18. Hopefully you will receive your I-171H soon.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home