Happy Halloween!
This post won't have much to do about Halloween other than my office announced it would be closing at 3PM today to allow anyone who wanted to take their kiddos trick or treating the opportunity to do so. I thought it was pretty nice of them and was excited to leave early!
We did take JT to 3 houses. He is still young and quite frankly, don't feel the need to walk him all over the neighborhood. He had a nice party at school and came home exhausted.
I did call 3 reputable agencies over the past few days. One agency requires us to do too much (file an application, get a home study update, and re-do our I-171H). We would only save ourselves a couple of months by the time all is said and done and spend about $1,000 more so that is out of the question.
I called two other agencies and haven't heard back fro either one. I called one yesterday and one today. I find it odd I did not receive a phone call back from either one. We figured it certainly doesn't hurt to put the feelers out there to see what options are open to us to shorten what could end up being another 13 months until we travel (8 for referral and 5 months to travel after that). We are lucky in the sense that our agency has not had us prepare our dossier yet. Since a few of the documents can expire, my agency waits to have you put it together until you are closer to referral.
I am still irritated that my agency won't give me a number of where we stand in line. How hard is it really to give me an overall number and a number of how many are on the list for boys? I know others from our agency have been given a number....why not us? And if they stopped giving numbers, why not tell us?
I feel I am caught between a rock and a hard place...push to get some answers and piss off my agency in the process. I am afraid to get the agency "mad" at me because they would push me down on the list and I would never know. I know....I am imagining the worst and the agency I have is AWESOME so far. I have no reason to believe they would do something like that. But I guess your mind wanders when all you can think about is another year may pass before I hold our child in my arms. And it stinks. I honestly don't know how we will wait that long...
I do know this blog could get mighty boring from now until then....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home