Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Update

Our weekend was very nice. It was quiet and productive at the same time. We chose not to make plans and ran a few errands and spent some good family time together. I even managed to take naps on both Saturday and Sunday thanks to my wonderful husband, T, who helped out with JT so I could crash early on Sunday afternoon.

I was able to get things ready for the week so hopefully my tough week at work with our quarter close will make life less frantic at home. I even got a pretty good night's sleep!

No I-171H yet and no email response from the Chicago CIS office. I sent out an email to my social worker this morning and got the following response:

"CIS is taking approximately 10-12 weeks to approve home studies now. They are getting flooded with applications, home studies and questions. That’s the reason for the slow down and the “emergency only” phone calls."

At least we are closer than further. Nothing stinks more than being told you have a 6-8 week wait, then 8-10 week, and now 10-12.

I realize my Blogroll is a little outdated. I hope to update the list(s) in the next week or so. Please be patient if your blog isn't listed yet or I have the wrong name and/or link! That should keep me busy instead of obsessing on the I-171H.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That stinks that you still have to wait - (((((HUGS)))))

Monday, October 02, 2006 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home