Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lefty and HTML

So I'll bore you with another Lefty update. About two weeks ago, Lefty was giving me trouble again. I went and saw my OBGYN who promtly put me on antibiotics (again!) and sent me back to the surgeon. To make a very long story short, although the surgeon did cut out all the infection it came back. The infection I have has a dormant period of about a month. So, one month and 4 days after surgery, the infection came back with a vengeance.

This time, the surgeon decided to make an incision and leave the "wound" open to the infection has a place to drain. I know....very gross. Anyway, I change the packing and bandage daily and all in all the darn thing is getting better. It will be a few more weeks of this to make sure there is no more infection just waiting to attack. And hey...there is no sign of cancer or pre-cancer or anything remotely resembling cancer so I am pretty happy about it.




I am an HTML idiot. I would love to add a ticker to the top of my blog, but for the life of me, can't figure out where in the blog template code to put it. I searched for help on blogger to no avail. If anyone can help me out, please email me or post a comment. I would really appreciate it!




Last but not least - I know I need to update my Blogroll and links. I am hoping to make time for that this weekend. I have said that before, but we are totally open this weekend so as long as JT naps well, I should be able to find the time. Of course, I also am determined to pick up the office and organize our medical stuff in hopes we can deduct those expenses this year on our taxes. Yes, I am a CPA and think about this stuff way ahead of time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for the update! I have been thinking about you and hoping that things were going better in the boob department! (:

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I hope lefty feels better soon!

Anything HTML, you can ALWAYS ask me.... it's what I do.

Since every blog template is a touch different, send me the contents of your blog template in a notepad file and I'll talk you through it or do it for you, whatever you prefer. You have my email addy.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger msfitzita said...

I'm so glad lefty is on the mend! I hope it continues to get better and all this is a distant (lousy) memory very, very soon.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Glad you have someone to help you with the blog, It took me all day of trial and error and opoening a new blog to fix when I erased good stuff to get mine half way where I want it! I do it to myself way to often...your the smart one thinking to ask instead of diving in. But, hey, my paren't business now has a blog set up for their weekly specials!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I hope you heal soon. With everything else you are going through I am sure this is so inconvenient however it may be taking your mind off of the waiting period huh? well, i hope you get better soon. that can't be fun or comfortable. When we started our adoption process we were also told 8 months, started in April like you and figured we would probably get a referral by the end of the year and then travel to Vietnam by May or so. We got really lucky finding Hannah on the special needs page of our agency website. We haven't changed agencies so can't help you there but hang in there. thanks for all of your support! - dayna

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home