Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let's Be Honest Here

Nooone wants to hear thay they have to wait another year for a referral. I think it is quite natural once the deicsion is made to adopt that you want your child RIGHT NOW!

I spoke with two agencies. Both are reporting a 6-8 month wait once our home study is updated. This really doesn't improve our waiting situation. the third agency I contacted hasn't gotten back to me in two days. This doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling in general.

So, it looks like we are staying put for now (and quite frankly, I AM happy with our agency choice and always have been; I just don't like the wait time).

I did get contacted to clarify our age and gender preference today. I think our openness to various situations will help us in our wait. It was nice to have contact even if it was for clarification.

If things work out the way our agency estimates it will (at this time), we should travel sometime next November to bring our newest family member home. We should be able to spend the next holiday season as a family of 4 (well, 7 is you count the fur babies).

Now....what the heck am I going to blog about for the next year? ;)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the waiting times, try to focus on next year (which is around the corner). I have ups and downs but during the downs I try to focus on why we are doing this and our new family.

Now, keep blogging!, we (PAP) need to stick together!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets see...well, you can put together a really cute nursery, spend good quality time with the fur babies, buy lots of clothes (that may or may not fit!) for the little one.....
I think you need a really big project to keep you busy. Volunteering helps pass the time for me!
Ugh....I know we still both wish it didn't take so stinkin long!
Emily

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

((hugs)) and hope the time goes by quickly!!!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got more clarity on the wait time. It seems like your current agency is on top of things.

Now you have to do what every mother-to-be does, SHOP and DECORATE!!

If you could also send me an email with more info on what gender & age you *think* you'll adopt. My knitting wheels are spinning!!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm sorry the wait is so long.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

hang in there, friend. I am right there with you. we can brainstorm blog topics to get us through the next year.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home