Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Making Progress

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations and good wishes. This still feels surreal and we are still basking in happiness!

I want to send out my wishes over to 2 More to Love and Bring Me Mia who will both be travelling in less than one week to pick up their darling girls! BOTH of these wonderful ladies are adopting TWIN GIRLS from Vietnam!

We got more than half of the walk-in closet cleaned out this weekend. I have 3 45-gallon garbage bags full of stuff to donate. Wouldn't you know the charity that will come to pick up the stuff at your door won't be in our area until Jan. 3? Jan. 3....a little late if we want the tax deduction this year? Who planned that one? And who donates stuff on Jan. 3? Anyway, we will be hauling those 3 garbage bags plus more to the Salvation Army where they have an attendant on duty to take the stuff. My apologies to the Purple Heart Veteran's but you really should reconsider your timing!

I heard from my agency yesterday, too! They expect my dossier back from the Consulate today and it will be off to VN! The agency received our acceptance of the referral (and money). I am told once our dossier is in VN it takes about 2 weeks to translate and get filed with the IAD. My best guess is that will happen around Dec. 15. Then there is a 3 month silence as our dossier makes its way around the paperwork channels. Hopefully, at the end of three months, we will hear something regarding travel.

And I can't help but think our little guy is growing up without us and having someone else take care of him (and I am sure they are doing a wonderful job, but it's not us).

March/April/May will be here before we know it...at least I will keep telling myself that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home