Panic is Setting In....AGAIN!
I am a planner by nature. I deal well with stress from my job, but no so much from home. I am a pretty laid back mom and don't panic everytime my son has a runny nose or falls. My husband it the laid back type. I think he compliments me perfectly and it works very well.
It hit me that we could be bringing a child home in the next 5-6 months! I have a son, who at a little over 2 1/2 is still sleeping very well in his crib and we need to get him out of it.....NOW! Being an accountant, my busy time of year starts in January and there is no way I want to deal with transitioning him to a bed then. It sounds simple enough, right? We have a full size bed ready to go for him and just need to get some bed rails. It is not that simple.
We have to move furniture in 3 rooms in order to set up my son's "new" room and get the nursery ready for our upcoming arrival. The furniture moving is easy enough, I suppose. It is the cleaning things out of closets, cleaning out my mom's room, and cleaning out the office in order to move the furniture which has me in a tizzy.
The holidays are coming. At least it isn't at my house this year. But I have to cook and haul a turkey to my MIL's.
Travel shots need to get done. I made the first appointment with our county health department for Dec. 5. The shots are pretty expensive and I want to talk to my Dr. to see if he will give them to T and me. Then it can be run through insurance. since we hit our out-of-pocket this year, they *should* be covered instead of us laying out $290 each!
Shopping needs to get done. It is going to be a slim holiday season, but there is still some shopping that needs to get done.
House decorations need to get done.
Then, of course, there are the parties and events we already agreed to taking up precious time on the weekends.
And so the panic sets in...at least it is a good panic!
My agency received our dossier yesterday. I received a call from the Director and he wanted a number where we could be reached this weekend if need be. I got excited and am wondering if this means our referral is closer than further.

5 Comments:
I hope that your referral comes soon. That would make for a great
Holiday season...
You sound like a typical expectant mommy! :-) I know it's easy for me to say that "things will work out" but they always have a funny way of actually doing that.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the little dude's transition to the big boy bed is smooth. As one fellow accountant to another "I hear ya on the busy season...." Yuck!!
Wow! You are going to be one busy Mommy in the next few months.
GL with the transition from crib to bed. It was pretty easy for us since DS co-slept(shhhh!). It was getting him out of our bed that was no fun;-)
I really hope that you get your referral soon!
WOOHOO!!!! I can't wait!! 5-6 months!!! Holy cow!!! Who cares about anything else!! You're new baby will be home with you so soon!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
GL with the transition! We had no problems with C and he's been in his big boy bed for about 6mths now! JT will do great!
I hope your referral comes quickly!!!
((HUGS))
Post a Comment
<< Home