Still Glowing
Thanksgiving was very nice. We went to my ILs who had invited my SIL, BIL, two of T's aunts and family making it a rand total of 11 people. T and I went over a little early to share the news we got on Tuesday with my MIL and FIL.
My MIL has been running luke-warm about this whole adoption thing recently. When we first told her our intention of adopting, she was so excited. Then, she just started running luke-warm. I am very happy to report she was thrilled beyond anything I can describe in this entry. Tears were in her eyes, hugs all around, and questions of "can we tell now" were asked. She couldn't wait to tell family, co-workers, and friends. We gave her a copy of the four pictures we have and she was excited to show them around.
It really made our Thanksgiving!
The rest of the weekend has been nice and quiet. It is in part due to JT who came down with a nasty fever and cough Thangksgiving evening. We got him to the Dr. on Friday and it turns out he has pneumonia. We have the right meds on board now and he was feeling and acting much more himself yesterday.
We sent off the official letter of acceptance yesterday as well as passport photos (6 of each of us) for our son and a few checks to cover the remainder of the agency fee and foreign program fee. It was a great feeling to mail that out.
Today I hope to start cleaning out our new office closet so we can get JT moved into his new bedroom and big boy bed in the next couple of weeks.
***On a side note and not really related - My MIL called us Tuesday night (the day we got the referral) and asked if it was too late to accept the twins (the referral we could have had with another agency). She told us not to worry about money because they would help out with the "home" stuff like extra crib, car seat, etc. I told her it was too late and explained why we decided against the twins - double the foreign fees, double the passport fees, and more importantly, our salaries couldn't cover the increase in cost once we got home for the twins PLUS the increase in debt we would have incurred (that is my long story short). She seemed a little upset by it, but understood. I was happy she called and said what she did. I KNOW that she may not always say the right things, but her heart is ALWAYS in the right place and wants nothing but for us to be happy and the best for us.

5 Comments:
I think your MIL was just a little bummed as to not being able to spread the good news until now. Grandmas can be like that, ya know :-) Glad to hear you had a fabulous weekend!!
sounds like a good thanksgiving..and I am thrilled that your family members are getting into the excitement and joy of it all. Very sweet of her to offer help with the twins, but it sounds like you made the right choice in turning double trouble down. I am so very happy for you!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And what a wonderful reaction from your MIL!!
Sorry to hear JT is sick and I hope he feels better quickly.
I'm so happy your MIL is so excited! That's great she asked about twins! I guess she's realizing the more the merrier! I can't wait to meet this little bugger!!
I hope JT feels better soon!!! Glad you got to have a VERY thankful day!!
What fantastic news! Congratulations on your referral!
: ) Jessica
http://bringinghomebe.blogspot.com/
http://www.cafepress.com/bringinghomebe
Post a Comment
<< Home