We did it!
I guess the title says it all. We decided to switch agencies. We have spent the better part of this week agonizing and trying to decide if this was really the best thing to do. Some might say that because we had such a hard time deciding that we should have stayed. Actually, it was an easy decision to make and the fact that it was so easy is what made us think and re-think to see if there was any reason NOT to switch.
We notified our "old" agency. I hate to say "old" because they will actually be working with us for our post-placement reports due to the state in which we live. We will continue to have a good working relation ship with them. And we are very happy about that!
We very much like our "old" agency and the switch had absolutely nothing to do with how we were treated or their Vietnam program in general. In fact, I would send others to the agency. Because their Vietnam program is so successful, it got very large (which is great!). The wait times for referral increased by over 4 fold from when we first signed on. Our I-171H took so darn long that the referral list grew to over 100 people by the time we got on the list.
We have changed to a smaller agency. At this time, they do not have any parents paper ready. They are licensed and have completed several adoptions in Vietnam this year. I "spoke" with a few who have travelled as well. I do feel confident that we made the right decision to switch.
We have started to put our dossier together and are getting closer to sending it to the Consulate General for authentication. We hope to have it sent sometime next week. I am waiting for one pesky piece of paper to be state certified and had to send it to another state. Once it is authenticated by the Vietnam Consulate, it will be on its way to Vietnam!

10 Comments:
Yeah, so glad you are cookin' on the dossier!
That one piece of pesky paper will seem to take an eternity, trust me. Try not to let it get to you.
Yeah! I'm glad you are happy with your decision, good luck with your journey.
I'm so glad all this worked out so smoothly for you! I know you don't make rushed decisions so I'm sure this move was the right thing for the two of you to do. I hope you get that document back FAST! :-)
Glad to hear that you were able to make an informed and positive decision! I am so excited for you...and can't wait to hear how things go with the new agency.
What a relief to have that out of the way! It's really hard to make a decision like that. Sounds like everything is moving along, good luck with your paperwork.
Congrats on your decision and I hope you have a little one to join your family soon!!! (((((HUGS))))
I'm so glad you made the switch! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well from here on out. You deserve a break!
Wow, a big switch and now you are busy!! All part of the hurry-up-and-wait fun of adopting! I hope you are very happy with your new agency.
Congrats and good luck!!
Nina - WoooHooo!!!!! Praying all goes super smooth!!!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home