Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Am I boring you yet?

A couple of things - Life is getting in the way so I haven't been commenting on many blogs recently. I am doing my best to keep up and read, but please accept my apologies...it really is tough lately. Between Hanukkah (which is here!) and Christmas coming up and last minute cooking and baking and adoption and bed transitions and work there just aren't enough hours in the day.

We put JT in his big boy bed and room again last night. We moved the rocking chair into the room hoping "that" was the item in the bedtime routine he was missing. He went to bed at 8:30PM and all was quiet......we heard, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" at about 9:30PM. I took him into bed with me and we fell asleep. We moved him back into his new bed at about 11:30PM where he slept through the night. The transition continues...if you have any advice, I am all ears because I don't understand why this is so hard!

The "fight" continues. After getting nowhere with our Superintendent...I shouldn't say nowhere...he acknowledged we have an issue but did not have any proposed solutions. I spoke with a parent advocate at Early Intervention and got some more people to contact. I am still waiting for a phone call back from the State Department of Education and now I have a phone call into the Regional Department of Education.

I have two more calls to make - one to a lawyer who has been through the system in our area (not our district) and to a Family Resource Center on Disabilities.

*SIGH* It really shouldn't be this hard. Our district is very small and completely residential. You would think a smaller district would be easier to deal with and an understanding would exist that this situation IS unique.

On the bright side....I received the following from our "old" agency social worker who will still complete our post placement reports for our state and Vietnam as well as help us comply with state requirements prior to our adoption -

Hi Nina:

Just wanted to confirm that I received this.
I’m going to
send everything to DCFS today. Within a few weeks or so you should receive your
final CIS approval (it will have the third box checked).

Again,
CONGRATS!! Can’t wait to meet your little guy!

Our state is unique (yes, another unique thing) in that our Dept. of Child and Family Services must "approve" your referral and send onto USCIS their approval before our I-171H can be forwarded to Hanoi. In effect, we receive two versions of the I-171H; the first has box one checked and this approves us through USCIS. then DCFS sends info to USCIS and we receive the final one with the third box checked. DCFS is provided with the name, date of birth, location, and some other basic information about the child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home