I'm tired of Lefty
I was supposed to have an appointment for the surgeon to take a look at Lefty this morning. Instead, I had the pleasure of calling him yesterday at noon only to be told to go to the ER. Yep. E.R.
Lefty busted open (no pun intended....well, yes...pun intended!). The wound closed up and left a scar, but the pressure of the fluid inside opened the scar up. I noticed it at work when I felt um...wet...I went to the bathroom to take a look and my bra was soaked though and this stuff smelled BAD! I am nauseous just thinking about it. I used toilet paper to try to soak up what is leaking out (it was dripping...I kid you not) when I realized that my company uses the cheapest most NON-absorbent toilet paper known to man. I sat in the bathroom for 15 minutes just trying to control some of this gunk coming out of me! I stuffed my bra and made the call.
Dr. Hottie as I like to call him took a look and I saw his face drop. I really do think he is as frustrated as me. He cut me open again to create an open wound to allow the darn thing to drain. He also "fixed" this little dimple scar the old wound left behind.
I healed from the outside to the inside instead of the inside to the outside and this is why another "cavity" got created and allowed infection in. Infectious disease was contacted and I am on another antibiotic to kill this bad boy off.
After my ER experience, I stopped in at my OBGYN's office to let them know what was going on. My OBGYN said, "why did you call Dr. Loverboy and not me first? I am pretty good with a butter knife." I have nice Dr's huh? ;)
I am ok. Sore and hurting, but ok. It could be worse....now...I need this thing to heal AND be GONE before I go to Vietnam!

5 Comments:
I hope you heal fast.
Omygoodness! I hope that it heals right this time and doesn't come back.
OUCH!!!!! Get well soon and for good this time! It's an order! ;)
Oh. My. Gosh. I would have been freaking out. You poor thing! I'm glad you have good doctors and I hope this time Lefty heals the correct way!
I hope you start feeling better soon and that lefty heals completely this time. ((hugs))
Post a Comment
<< Home