Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mission Was Not Impossible

While I am not calling this an overall success just yet, I will say we have had 3 successful nights of Mission New Room and Big Boy Bed. It started Saturday night. JT did not nap (stubborn little guy) which made him very tired by the time bedtime rolled around. We got him undressed for bath in his new room. We bathed him, got him in jammies, and read him a book (or two or three). We kissed him goodnight and didn't see him until 8AM Sunday morning. He slept the entire night in his new bed and didn't make a peep when we put him to bed Saturday.

Repeat on Sunday only he had a very good nap and his bedtime was late due to T's company holiday party.

Last night....sort of a repeat only at first JT didn't want to stay in bed to go to sleep. We sat with him for about 15 minutes in our room watching Monday Night Football. By the time 15 minutes was over, he was tired and we promptly put him in his room. He slept soundly all night.

Here's hoping night 4 is the same or better. While I am excited this transition is not turning out to be a big deal, I am sad because my little guy is growing up!

Next Mission - Finish organizing the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home