School District and Lawyers
I spoke with the Regional School District. This isn't in their jurisdiction and said it really is up to the school district on whether they choose to bus JT or not. However, they will contact the superintendent to help mediate the situation.
I got in touch with a lawyer who specializes in this. She wants me to pay $250 just for a CONSULT! Needless to say, I will have to wait on that until we know for sure JT qualifies for the 4 day a week program. If he doesn't qualify, we would need a lawyer anyway to fight THAT decision. JT gets some kind of therapy 4 times per week through the Early Intervention program and he hasn't made much progress over the past 3 months....everyone (his therapists, a medical team, the daycare) thinks he needs 4 times per week.
Since when do lawyers charge for a consult to tell you what your rights are?
It is criminal!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home