Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, December 29, 2006

A to Z

I've seen this on several blogs so I thought I would join in. This was an indirect tag. I encourage anyone else who wants to participate to consideryourself tagged also!

A is for age: I lie about my age. ;)

B is for beer: I do not touch the stuff – ick! Long story that goes all the way back to high school and being stupid.

C is for career: I am a bean counter. It is something I have wanted to do since junior high school.

D is for my dog’s name: I had a dog named Chablis. She was a Bichon Frise and we got her before the breed got really popular. She lived for 12 ½ years. I haven’t had a dog since then and now own 3 furbaby cats,

E is for essential item used everyday: I use deoderant everyday as well as a toothbrush and toothpaste. Very essential. I consume coffee everyday and that is also essential.

F is for favorite color: blue – medium shades of blue, but all blues are ok.

G is for game: I like most games other than the ones people play in relationships sometimes. Number games are my favorite. And then there is this game we play with friends every holiday season called “Cheesy Bingo”. It is bingo combined with the white elephant game of giving and receiving gifts.

H is for hometown: My hometown is in Tenafly, NJ. I lived in the town my whole life until moving to Illinois. In fact, I lived in the same house there since I was six months old.

I is for instruments I (used to) play violin, piano, clarinet (not very well), my hands, and my voice.

J is for favorite juice: It has to be Tropicana Orange juice without pulp.

K is for who’s butt I’d like to kick: Surprisingly enough there is noone’s butt I’d like to kick today. Give me some time, though…..

L is for last place I ate: The last place I ate was at our family room coffee table which converts (lifts) to a regular table. As far as restaurants go, it was take-out from the Sushi Bar for T’s birthday.

M is for marriage: Loving it! I married my best friend!

N is for my name: My first name starts with N. I was named after my great-grandfather. His name was Nathan.

O is for overnight hospital stays: I’ve had two. The first was a nasty case of tonsillitis and I needed IV antibiotics. The second and last was the birth of my DS, JT. I had an emergency c-section.

P is for people I was with today: My husband, T, my DS, JT, and my co-workers who decided to come in to work the last day of the year. It is only 8:30AM so I am sure there will be more.

Q is for quote: "Verne – clean up on aisle 6!” – Mr. Mom

R is for biggest regret: Not going to law school. I do try not to live my life with regrets.

S is for sport: to watch: American football – NFL or NCAA, NHL Ice Hockey, MLB Cubs or Yankees; to do: softball or tennis

T is for traveled to:
In the US: New Jersey, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, D.C, Georgia, Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, and Virginia.
Outside the U.S.: Canada, Mexico, Italy, and soon to be Vietnam.

U is for current underwear: Cotton, high-cut briefs. Light blue. (boring, I know)

V is for vegetable: I prefer them raw, but will each almost any vegetable except cooked spinach and peas.

W is for wish: To bring our son home as soon as possible!

X is for x-rays I have had: knees, fingers, leg, ankle, and chest.

Y is for youthful ambition not fulfilled: Skydiving

Z is for zodiac: Western: Pisces. Chinese: boar. I don’t really believe, but it is neat when what you read sort of comes true.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Cool, I think I'll consider myself tagged!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Wrightslaw website? It is very helpful for situations like yours. The book From Emotions to Advocacy is also a great one. Good luck and don't give up!

Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home