Date Night
We had a wonderful time last night. T and I don't go out that much. It is hard with an almost three year old and will be harder when we have two little ones (I can't wait!). Grandma and Grandpa babysat JT so T and I could attend a Lowen and Navarro show in Chicago at the Park West. This was a gift from my ILs for our anniversary.
Eric Lowen was diagnosed with ALS (Lew Gehrig's Disease) in 2004. This will probably be the last time they perform live in this area as his disease has progressed. Dan Navarro is the cousin of Dave Navarro (who was married to Carmen Elektra). They have been around for about 20 years, but haven't made it huge so you may or may not have heard of them. Information about them can be found at their website (www.lownav.com). Their music is awesome! T and I may have been some of the youngest in the audience, but we very much appreciate great music! Two acoustic guitars and some fantastic harmonies make for "adult alternative" music.
These guys played for almost three hours last night. Not bad for a $20 ticket! We also got a copy of the show on CD AND had it signed by the group after! We got home just before 2AM.
Yes, I am dragging today, but it was so worth it! The Chicago Bears play the Seattle Seahawks today in the NFL Playoffs. We hope the little guy will let us watch some of the game by taking a nice nap.
Later, we will head back over to the ILs to celebrate my MILs birthday!
Well, time to cuddle with my little and big guy!

3 Comments:
That sounds like a really fun date - I love going to concerts with B~.
Congrats to your Bears on the game... it was a close one and I was a little bummed my Hawks lost but I'll get over it. :-}
Sounds like a great date and a nice day!
Sounds like you had a great date!
Post a Comment
<< Home