Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

I have a quick Lefty update first. I called the surgeon today to try to schedule surgery. Once that is done I am to call my insurance company and ask for a "network exception". The surgeon was in surgery today. Go figure. His nurse called me back at 6PM and said he was in the middle of a trauma and I should hear from him tomorrow. Whatever. I am so ready for all of this to be over.

T and I have a big decision to make. T works for a consulting firm. He goes from client to client doing IT work. One of his clients (that he really likes to go to) has put out a feeler offering him a permanent position. It will be more money for sure and the benefits are better (including affordable health insurance for the family). The client is under a contract with his firm and T is under contract which basically says he can't work for a client after terminating his employement for two years. No worry...other co-workers have left his firm to work for previous clients so obviously SOMETHING can be worked out.

The big decision....how does this affect our adoption? Will we have to get a home study update? Will the update have to get sent to USCIS (and our office is REALLY slow)? Do we have to do anything since this will continue to be steady employment for more money?

I have to call our agency tomorrow to find out these things before we can even entertain this new job for T. The new company knows about the adoption and has no problem giving T the time off to travel. Sure, he won't get paid, but he wasn't going to get paid with his current company either so that is a wash. The new company seems to be very accomodating and I know T would be much happier going to a single place everyday vs. driving all over the place. The new company is even flexible enough to give T flex time to accomodate MY schedule during the busy times. I see nothing stopping T from taking this new job....except the adoption.

So...we have a big decision to make pending what the agency tells me. I hope I get can a hold of my adoption consultant tomorrow! We are so close and it would be a shame to put a new higher paying job on hold as well as jeopardize our adoption of A.

Wish us luck! We could use some right now! ;)

9 Comments:

Blogger KelleyO said...

I hope it's not a big deal. The new job sounds wonderful. Sorry about the lefty stress :(

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

I don't think it is a big deal. We looked into something similar during our adoption and we were told that it would require just a new proof of employment that should be carried with you to Vietnam. Since the employment is making MORE money and BETTER benefits, it is really not a big deal at all.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

GL! I hope things work out for you and T. It sounds like a great opportunity.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Good luck! I hope everything works out perfectly!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of luck--it sounds like it could be a great opportunity! If you can't do it before the adoption, maybe they'd be willing to wait until after A is home? Hopefully it won't be a problem at all and T can start a good new job!

I hope that Lefty is all taken care of soon!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

This sounds like a great opportunity for your husband... I would think you could do a homestudy update and just bring it with you to VN, but definitely ask your agency.

"in the middle of a trauma" - ha, that sounds like most of my days! LOL. Hope Lefty gets taken care of (and paid for by insurance!) very soon.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

i wouldnt think it would be that big of a deal since you already have your referral. my hubby changed jobs and we added an addendum to our homestudy-but we hadnt sent our dossier off at that point.
anyway-good luck!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger S. said...

Congrats on the new job offer! It sounds like it could be a great opportunity. It is possible my husband could be transferred before we bring home our baby, so I dread thinking about the changes it would require.
p.s. did you check out wrightslaw? the book Emotions to Advocacy is really fantastic!

Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I think it isn't a big deal. You just get an updated homestuday, get it notarized and authenticated and then probably a copy goes to CIS but that won't affect your 171.

Good luck!!! And I mean good luck with everything.

Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home