Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, February 23, 2007

A Sigh of Relief

JT's daycare will bus him "for a minimal fee" to and from the afternoon pre-school class. WHEW! While it was preferable for him to be in the morning class, I am truly grateful that everything is going to work out. I am just waiting for the school to call me back so we can finalize his start date. Technically, he can start on Monday, his 3rd birthday.

My little guy will lose his nap which is quite fine with me! I feel he doesn't need a two hour nap anymore as we have been struggling to get him to bed at night for almost two months! He doesn't even get tired until 10PM and trust me when I say we do try to get him to sleep around 8-8:30PM.

I know it is the districts responsibility to bus him back and forth. I know if I fought, I would win according to a few different lawyers. But...the cost and more importantly, the time involved to get that issue resolved just isn't worth it to me. I would rather JT get the educational services sooner than later so we have a shot at catching him up (if that is possible).

We also opted to keep on one of JT's therapists for extra help and have a name of a new speech therapist. Hopefully, the new one will be better than the current one he has (and sees for the last time today thank goodness). We hope to alternate them every other week and keep them at least through the summer since pre-school doesn't run in the summer. Don't get me wrong.....Early Intervention is a great program. Our problem is/was that I was not fond of JT's ST and OT.

My little guy is definitely growing up. He FINALLY gave up his bedtime bottle/sippy of milk and continues to be the light of our universe daily. We are having his birthday party tomorrow. I still can't believe I delivered him just about 3 years ago. Time has flown and so much has changed in that time.

I am getting back the writing bug. I am not there yet and still have a lot going on that I hope to share soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

You're from Chicagoland right? Are you going to the Tet Celebration sponsored by Families with Children from Vietnam?

Friday, February 23, 2007 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

My Gabe didn't give up his bedtime bottle of milk until his 3rd birthday, either! (And he didn't start drinking from a bottle until he stopped nursing at a year, which I thought was weird.)

Gabe just turned 7 this last week - time flies!

Gretchen

Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home