Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, March 26, 2007

Crazy Weekend

T and I had some friends stay with us for the weekend. They are Erin Lee and Marci and are WONDERFUL children’s signers. I have known Marci since college so we go back about (cough cough) fifteen years. You should check them out! Information on them and their music can be found on www.gottaplay.org. I highly encourage you to sample the music from their website and order one or both of their CD’s! A few of my favorites are “I’m Sick”, “Snowdance”, and “The Haircut Song”.

Anyway, they had some shows in our local area and we went to one of them on Saturday. JT had a blast and was a dancing fool! I wish I had my video camera! Erin Lee and Marci were beat after their shows on Saturday so we came home and just relaxed.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Sunday! Erin Lee and Marci had plans to meet with another WONDERFUL children’s singer, Carole Peterson of www.macaronisoup.com. This is another one of JT’s favorite performers and one of his favorite songs is “Sticky Bubble Gum”. It was great to meet Carole and JT started singing for her! It was cute and another video camera moment.

Erin Lee and Marci left with Carole and T, JT, and I went to the park to play. The sky was clear and we were setting record temps up almost up to 80*! We only lasted 15 minutes at the park. L

JT fell and T and I just didn’t move fast enough. JT ended up splitting his lip on the inside and outside. Once the bloody mess got under control, we headed home where I gave my little guy a Popsicle to suck on in hopes to control the swelling. I took a peek and couldn’t tell if the laceration on his lip went all the way through.

Ten minutes later and about 25 minutes after it happened, we found ourselves in the ER with a toddler who was STILL bleeding (but not as badly). It took about 30 minutes to see a Dr. who took a look and decided the laceration did not go through his lip. We were told they could put a couple of stitches on the outside, but they felt that may make it worse since it was closing nicely (even though it still bleeding a little bit). We were also told the 3 cuts on the inside would heal in about 24-48 hours. While JT’s lip is still swollen and the outside of his lower lip and upper chin look terrible, our little guy is OK.

I was reassured that we did the right thing by bringing him in although I feel a little stupid at having a mommy panic moment. On the bright side, we were in and out in about 1 ½ hours (an ER record I think) and JT was mostly acting like his little normal self by dinner.

We hit a milestone: our first ER trip for an accident. I am glad it's over with and we escaped without serious injury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home