Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Friday, April 20, 2007

I know you want it - Lefty Update

Ah Lefty......

The History: Long story made short

In June 2006, I found a lump in Lefty. The lump was drained. It came back within a couple of weeks. I was sent to a surgeon. Surgeon removes lump and infected tissue in September. Infection comes back in October. Lefty opened up and left open to drain and heal from the inside out. Lefty closes on its own at the beginning of December. Infection shows up again and Lefty opened up again on December 27, 2006.

I go for a follow up appt. with the surgeon on Jan. 4, 2007. Everything looks as it should.

Everything is the same now. Lefty is still open and draining. Nothing has changed except my health insurance.

I find out I am pregnant. I talk to my OBGYN who tells me nothing can be done in the 1T. I go back to the surgeon on March 12, 2007 to be told they want me very much out of the 1T (not barely) and everything still looks good.

Forward to today:
We are now in a place where we can take care of Lefty. However, the surgeon is now an out-of-network Dr for me and very expensive at $195 per office visit (10 minute office visit I might add).

I call my OBGYN and surgeon to discuss. I spoke with the surgeon's nurse yesterday, explained the whole insurance thing and she said she would call me back today. My OBGYN told me he spoke to the surgeon and said the surgeon would accept whatever my insurance paid as payment.

I got called back today. I was told the surgeon is going out of town for the weekend and I have to wait for a call back from him on Monday. Nothing resolved and Lefty is still open and draining. The nice thing is I was told I don't need to come in for an appt. and we can just schedule whatever it is that needs to be done. That's great only I cannot even do that until this insurance and/or payment thing gets worked out.

I go back to the OBGYN Monday so I will talk to him about this then if I still don't have a resolution.

I really just don't think this should be as complicated and as difficult as it has been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home