Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We are having.....

....what appears to be a happy and healthy little bean!

We had our level 2 u/s last night. We got the results from the quad screen (AFP) over the weekend and that was normal. Yesterday's u/s found everything to appear good as well. The u/s was very detailed and the tech took measurements of everything!

We saw 2 kidneys, the 4 chambers of the heart, the blood flow in the umbilical cord, 2 arms, 2 legs, the head, spine, ribs, etc. It was amazing! Everything appears fine so we are opting NOT to have an amnio done.

We are also choosing not to find out the gender of the bean until s/he decides to show up!

On the Lefty note, I did get a call back from the surgeon, but he didn't call the right number so I haven't spoken to him yet. So frustrating!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, so glad the little bean is healthy and developing well!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Congrats on the healthy bean!! I can't believe you guys are being so patient with the gender! My big u/s is on Friday and I can't wait to find out what it is!!

Keep us updated on lefty!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

wow, your having a bean baby. ha. just teasing. I am impressed that you guys are going to wait to find out about gender---I wish I had that kind of patience!
wonderful news that everything is progressing well, please keep us updated about the bean and about lefty, you have a lot of people who care about you out here in bloggerland!

Monday, April 30, 2007 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home