Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Monday, May 07, 2007

The Last Lefty Post for a while.....(We Hope)

I saw my surgeon aka Dr. Hottie this morning. The insurance has been worked out and my appointment was set to discuss what we were going to do with Lefty.

Dr. hottie poked, prodded, dug around (YEOCH!) and determined that the open wound cavity left is really pretty small. Any surgery does pose a small risk to peanut (his words) and if we can avoid any risk, all the better.

So....he put some silver nitrate (YEOCH!) to help close the wound and I am to call him in two weeks. Hopefully, this will be the end of it for a while.

If I choose, I can have reconstructive surgery once the little one arrives. I have some scar tissue and slight malformation which will hinder breastfeeding. However, you can breast feed with one breast. Dr. Hottie thinks I could be pretty successful with pumping from Lefty and breastfeeding from Righty.

I hurt a bit and I have to say I have been pretty tired lately. I don't ever being this tired when I was pg with JT. I guess being 3 years older and running after a toddler CAN make a difference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds just altogether uncomfortable! Hope this silver nitrate does the job once and for all.
I know it's a little different, but I had 2 lumpectomies on my "Righty" in highschool and 6-7 years later when I had a baby they said I might have trouble but in fact Righty was a better producer than Lefty. But then, I had 6-7 years to heal, so ... not sure how helpful that is. Anyway, I think it's great your doctor is thinking of the baby and nursing and all that. :-)

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home