Life is a Roller Coaster - Come Join the Ride!

My husband and I have been married since 2002 and have known each other since 1997. We have a beautiful son, born in 2004. This is our journey to have a second child (among other things).


Thursday, June 21, 2007

26 Week Pregnancy Update

I am happy to say all appears to be going well so far. We had an OB appt. last night and I have gained a total of 6 pounds to date. My blood pressure was good and the baby is moving A LOT!

We also had an ultrasound last night to check that everything is going ok. I am told the baby is about 2 pounds now. All of the baby's major organs are fine. The heartrate was 142. It was great to see the Bean again!

I am beginning to swell a little (thank you hot weather and summer) and my carpal tunnel in both wrists is getting pretty bad. I don't wear my braces as much as I should because they make me HOT!

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I think it stems from the fact that A's (who isn't going to be called A, he is going to be D) family is in Vietnam right now and will bring him home on July 3. I see how tired I am this time around and I can't help but think how hard it would be to have a 9 month old while being pregnant right now. Sure, we would get through it, but there is a side of me that is grateful I don't have to. Maybe our home study agency knew this could happen which is why they told us we couldn't adopt at this time. It is still hard for me, but I am slowly understanding and accepting that fact.

Anyway....enjoy the pics of the Bean!










4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, amazing, beautiful pics of your bean. I love ultrasounds. :-)
I'm glad you are finding peace about A/D ... I can only imagine how hard losing his referral had to be.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger saucygoat said...

Fabulous. My favorite part of the doc's visit was always listening to her heartbeat. There's nothing like it. I'm glad that everything is going well with the littlest one.

Friday, June 22, 2007 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bean looks great!

Friday, June 22, 2007 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

It's so good to hear that you're doing well. Really happy to see the bean, too!

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home